Re: [squid-users] squidguard keeps crashing

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:51:57 +0100

> I made no changes to my squidGuard config file, but yesterday it just
> stopped working. My logrotate sent me an email saying it couldn't contact
> the PID for squid and sure enough, it had crashed. The logs said it was
> because the squidGuard processes were crashing too rapidly. I checked the
> logs for squidGuard and it says this line has a syntax error.
>
> time workhours {
> weekly * 06:00 - 21:00
> }
>
> The "weekly" line that is. Like I said, I made no changes to this file
> yesterday, and didn't make any changes to it until just now when I commented
> out the line, and the squid loaded up perfectly. Any ideas? ( I know this
> isn't a squidGuard list, but many people here know about squidGuard.)

  - The argument given is usually not valid , because no one
on a mailling list can verify your statement; that it worked untill now.
That may be a blow ,but life is as it is.

This being "established" ; please remove the time-statements and
try re-entering them untill you get a working squidguard configuration
(experiment with syntax, or lookup examples).

  - The fact that this happened may need you to investigate
whether other sources compromised your system in security terms
or not.

  M..