[squid-users] help on script related to squid proxy

From: <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:00:25 +0300

Hi all,

I have a problem and have an idea to solve it but I dont know how can I
implement the solution. This is the scenario:

I have a main proxy server (main proxy) configured with round-robin options and
connected to 2 parents proxy (proxy 1 and proxy 2. Everything is working fine
but if proxy 1 or proxy 2 connection to the internet fails and the connection
between the main proxy and the parents proxy still alive the main proxy still
do round-robin request to both proxy which causes the page to sometimes opening
and sometimes not.

now my solution is this from proxy 1 and proxy 2 since both machines have 2 NIC
eth0 connected to lan and eth1 connected to the internet I will create a script
pinging the internet, if the system determined that the internet is dead it
will issue a command ifconfig eth0 down then when the system determined that
the internet is alive it will issue a command ifconfig eth0 up. With the eth0 is
down either by parent proxy1 or proxy2, the main server cannot see the the dead
proxy and will only fetch pages to the alive proxy.

Can anybody help me on this kind of script, a script that is based on ttl reply

thank you very much,

Wennie