RE: [squid-users] how to disable caching in squid

From: <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:19:25 +0300

Hi sir,

Im very sorry to send you an email directly, please don't be upset, Im just
trying my luck, you might be the one who can help me with my problem.

I have a main proxy (mproxy) configure with cache_peer proxy1 parent 8080 0
round-robin and cache_peer proxy2 parent 8080 0 round-robin, my connection to
proxy 1 and proxy 2 is via ethernet, proxy 1is connected to the internet via
dsl and so with the proxy 2.

My problem is that when the dsl link of proxy 1 is dead the main proxy still do
a round robin to both proxies (proxy1 and proxy2) which causes problem with the
page because proxy1 cannot connect to the intenet.

Is there a way that when proxy1 connection to the internet is dead my main proxy
will only fetch to proxy 2.

Thank you very much,

Wennie