[squid-users] Patch to allow slow ACLs in http_reply_access?

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 10:56:38 +0100

Happy new year...

I'm (still) trying to allow access to different MIME types
(http_reply_access) depending on an external_acl (an LDAP group lookup).
I tried the trick to query the ACL in a http_access line and use the
cached result in a http_reply_access line. That didn't work reliably.
Perhaps the results sometimes expired from the cache exactly that moment
when the web server's reply was processed.

Slow ACLs (like external_acl) are not queried in http_reply_access
statements. But is there perhaps a patch to enable that lookups even for
replies? I think someone explained to me that it's done like this because
of potential problems with system resources (speed/memory/sockets). But
I'd like to take the risk.

So I'm looking for a patch - preferably one that works with Squid 2.5.9. :)

Thanks already...

 Christoph

--
Never trust a system administrator who carries a tie and suit.