Re: [squid-users] New to List needing squid.conf help!

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 09:10:11 +0100

On 01.01 11:39, Mark T. C. wrote:
> I've been using Linux (RH 5.2) for years

I believe. It's years old and misses much of possibilities of current
systems. Is it supported (I doubt so)? If not, it has _many_ security holes.

btw which squid do you have there?

> and it does what I need it to do
> just fine. I've had it running squid and simple X-window telnet, perl,
> expect, apache, etc... just for fooling around and learning. Now that I have
> teenage boys, and the internet - well, Squid and webalizer are really coming
> in handy. I am having some problems getting simple ACLs to work. I can make
> them work in this fashion...
>
> acl ACLX url_regex -i sex

forget anything about essex, sussex, middlesex, sextets or sextants...

> Is there anywhere where anyone has actually written a step-wise manual that
> really, in english, with procedure - explains how to configure these things.
> I do not mean a syntax manual... I mean a method and purpose example and
> method that does a job, specifically and purposefully. I write this sort of
> documentation all day long at my work. ANYONE - with our with out in depth
> experience can pick up one of my docs and perform the task - in this case
> how to add a phrase or site to an ACL in squid.conf to ban a specific http
> access... see what I mean.

try DansGuardian as was already advised

A day without sunshine is like, night.