Re: [squid-users] Squid 3 installation

From: Mark Foster <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:31:14 -0800

Paolo Biancolli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install squid version 3 and am running into some
> difficulties.
[snip]
> asn.cc:47:21: error: forward.h: No such file or directory
> asn.cc: In function âvoid asnCacheStart(int)â:

Same error I reported on Jan 06, still waiting for some kind of
response. Based on what is shown below it appears forward.h is being
withheld from the distribution, because HttReply.h and the other
includes ARE in the src/ folder.

$ pwd
/tmp/squid-3.0-PRE3-20060106/src

$ grep -C 3 forward.h asn.cc
#include "ACLDestinationASN.h"
#include "ACLDestinationIP.h"
#include "HttpReply.h"
#include "forward.h"

#define WHOIS_PORT 43
#define AS_REQBUF_SZ 4096

$ ls -al forward.h
ls: forward.h: No such file or directory

--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark D. Foster, CISSP <mark@foster.cc>  http://mark.foster.cc/