Re: [squid-users] SQUID_LDAP_AUTH

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:01:08 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Meyerovich Aleksandr EB_NY wrote:

> Anybody could help with squid_ldap_auth usage examples?

There is several in the man page.

> Say, I'd like to athenticate users belogning to the group Internet in
> DC=domain, DC=com, OU=Users (Microsoft AD)

Then you probably should combine squid_ldap_auth and squid_ldap_group.

squid_ldap_auth for authentication.

squid_ldap_group for verifying group memberships.

If there is only a single group you want to look for then it is possible
to do it all with squid_ldap_auth by a carefully constructed search
filter thanks to AD storing the group memberships within the user objects
as well as the group, but I recommend keeping the functions separate.