[squid-users] squid and svn

From: martin moriarty <mm7@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:50:36 +0000

Hi there
A quick subversion and security question:

Ive had squid 2.5 running successfully for the last 2 years on suse
linux. A user has just asked me to allow svn ( subversion ) access via
squid proxy. Ive looked up google and came back with a line which I'm
informed should do the trick in allowing subversion use the non
standard http methods:

extension_methods REPORT MERGE MKACTIVITY CHECKOUT

Just wondering, before I implement, whether there are any security
concerns I should bear in mind here. Does anyone know any known
weaknesses from allowing this extension? Its just that this is one users
request and Ive another 800 to keep secure and happy :)
Thanks in advance
Martin