[squid-users] Squid Proxy will not resolv or proxy local intranet server

From: Jim <elemint@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:47:52 -0700

We have a squid box that will not proxy or resolv local webpages on our
Intranet but it will proxy external pages, we have DNS set for the
internal proxy server.

What I get when I try to access a local webpage, local to our network,
the proxy server the below message.

The following error was encountered:

    Unable to determine IP address from host name for local.intranet.org
<http://local.intranet.org/>

The dnsserver returned:

    Name Error: The domain name does not exist.

But on that server I can ping the intranet server by name and nslookup
on that machine resoves the IP address.

Jim