[squid-users] Pleasen Help with SQUID + WCCP + RHEL ES v4 (kernel 2.6.9-22.ELsmp #1 SMP )

From: Daniel EPEE LEA <depeecmr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:40:32 -0800 (PST)

Greetings Everyone,

For a week now, I've been trying to get squid + wccpv1
+ RHEL ES v4 to
work, but it just won't work.

Anyone get that working? Please how did u do it ?

I wonder if ip_wccp module that I installed, (
http://www.squid-cache.org/WCCP-support/Linux/ip_wccp-1.7.tgz
)
is not the problem.

The readme file says:
The ip_wccp kernel module is a simple implementation
of WCCP
decapsulation
for Linux 2.4 and later.

To compile and install the module just run
  make install
Then load the module by
  modprobe ip_wccp

Please note that this module is mutually exclusive
with the ip_gre
module. Only one of the two may be active at a given
time. If you need
GRE
support in addition to WCCP then you need to use a
patched ip_gre
module with WCCP support, not ip_wccp (this
 implementation).

Where can i find the ip_gre module with WCCP support ?

Much Regards,

Daniel