Re: [squid-users] Error acessing a page with Underscore( _ ) in the url

From: Neil A. Hillard <hillardn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:29:57 +0000

Hi,

Jacob, Stanley (GE Consumer Finance, consultant) wrote:
> when i try to access a website(Internal) with _ (underscore) in the URL it gives me the following error.

> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://s2k_bck01cfge.pt.money.com

see http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.8

You should advise the provider of this service to read the relevant RFCs
and to correct their hostname to conform with the standard.

Or take a look at FAQ 11.9 for a workaround.

HTH,

                                Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@whl.co.uk