Re: [squid-users] NAT on suse linux 10.0

From: amit ash <ashkadabba@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Jan 2006 04:33:04 -0000

Hi,

I made a new script file in "/etc/init.d" by the filename
rc.ipmasq with the following script in it -

#!/bin/sh
IPTABLES=/sbin/iptables
$IPTABLES -F -t nat
$IPTABLES -A POSTROUTING -t nat -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
-----

After this i ran the "insserv rc.ipmasq" command which gave no
errors but still NAT wont work, it shows no output in the command
"iptables -L -t nat" either. however it gives me this error msg
when i type this command:-
linux:~ # /etc/init.d/rc.ipmasq
/etc/init.d/rc.ipmasq: line 2: IPTABLES: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc.ipmasq: line 3: -F: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc.ipmasq: line 4: -A: command not found

I am unable to understand, why it wont accept this code.

Amit Ash.