[squid-users] Squid not caching some addresses

From: Jeremy Utley <jerutley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:55:32 -0800

I believe I know the answer to this, but want to ask the experts to
make sure. In setting up and testing my new reverse-proxy cache (http
accelerator), I noticed that when requesting URL's with a question
mark in them:

http://www.baz.com/index.php?foo=bar

will not be cached. I noticed the QUERY acl in the default squid
config file telling it not to cache those URL's, so I commented that
out, however, even after doing so, all requests still get TCP_MISS in
the access log. Is there some code that specifically excludes this
type of URL even with the acl disabled?

It's not really a problem one way or the other, just something I
noticed as I was testing, and wanted to make sure I was seeing things
right.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy