Re: [squid-users] ACL Problem

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 15:21:20 +0100

Please reply to the list only! I don't like to move public support calls to
private email unless I'm getting paid for it. Thanks.

On Saturday 28 January 2006 10:40, asim hafeez wrote:
> I think you could not understand what i'm saying. Again try to make
> you understand,.don't mind my english is poor. i want to use block
> some of the sites if i write anyrule of block in squid.conf then
> file'll be large. but i want to block these sites through a file where
> i'll write all the name of these sites. so i want to know in which
> format i should write the site name. suppose a site name i want to
> block is www.yahoo.com. would i wirte is as same www.yahoo.com or
> yahoo.com or yahoo ?? this concept i'm not understand how to wirte
> site name in the file?

So your question is how you can list multiple entries for an ACL?
That's easy and just a matter of "quotes":

acl blockedsites dstdomain "/etc/squid/blocklist"

And in /etc/squid/blocklist you write:

.yahoo.com
.google.com
.microcrap.com

That's basically it.

Kindly
 Christoph

--
Never trust a system administrator who wears a tie and suit.