[squid-users] Internet page accelerator and squid

From: Juan Chipoco <jchipoco@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:15:52 -0500

Hi

I'm trying to setup squid to be used as a Proxy Cache Server for a group of
computers connected to Internet via a Satellite link.

My provider is using Internet Page Accelerator(IPA) software, who runs
in all my peers. The first one is the RPA (Remote Page Accelerator),
this software runs on the remote side (port 9877) and works as a proxy
server to the client PCs, its main function is to ask the HPA (Hub
Page Accelerator, a software running at the HUB (port 9876)or ISP
provider) to download an specific Web Page and assemble all the pieces
, and send them all together in a few data streams in order to
optimize space bandwith use (minimizing the quantity of TCP
connections that must be opened for each HTTP object).

The RPA then receives this few streams and pass them to the client PC.
I had been trying to configure squid with following directives but it
seems that the requests from all my clients doesnt pass trought it.
In my clients browsers I activated the proxy with IP 192.168.30.150 port 9877.
In my squid I have:

cache_peer 192.168.30.150 parent 9877 0 no-query default
acl src all 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
always_direct deny all
never_direct allow all

Can you help me please?
Maybe i need an iptables rule in order tu redirect port 9877 to 3128?

My network:

satellital modem-------firewall/proxy-192.168.1.1-------hub-------network
192.168.1.x

Thanks in advance.