RE: [squid-users] Internet page accelerator and squid

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:15:38 -0900

Just to clarify, from your perspective the IPA is "near" (installed on all client machines), the RPA, HPA and internet are on the "far" side.

> The RPA then receives this few streams and pass them to the client PC.
> I had been trying to configure squid with following directives but it
> seems that the requests from all my clients doesnt pass trought it.
> In my clients browsers I activated the proxy with IP
> 192.168.30.150 port 9877.

So you have set the browsers to use the RPA as a proxy? That would go a long way to explain why Squid isn't seeing any traffic.

> In my squid I have:
>
> cache_peer 192.168.30.150 parent 9877 0 no-query default
> acl src all 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> always_direct deny all
> never_direct allow all
>
> Can you help me please?

Unless the IPA and RPA talk HTTP between them, I fear you are going to be out of luck. You could try setting a browser up to use 192.168.1.1 port 3128 (assuming Squid is running on the default port) as proxy, and see what happens, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

> Maybe i need an iptables rule in order tu redirect port 9877 to 3128?

Even if you get this traffic to Squid, it might not understand the requests. Since you seem to have set proxy manually, don't start rerouting traffic with iptables now. It's all dependant on how the IPA and RPA communicate.

> My network:
>

> satellital
> modem-------firewall/proxy-192.168.1.1-------hub-------network
> 192.168.1.x