Re: [squid-users] Performance problems - need some advice

From: Kinkie <kinkie-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 20:43:23 +0100

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 11:26 -0800, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> The problem we're having is that the Squid servers aren't pushing as
> much traffic as we would expect them to. Each of the machines is only
> pushing about 100Mb thru 1Gb interfaces, while the apache servers
> themselves push much more.
>
> Looking for any configuration suggestions, tweaking, or anything else
> that might help.

Profiling your server would be the first step.
How does it spend its CPU time? Within the kernel? Within the squid
process? In iowait? What's the number of open filedescriptors in Squid
(you can gather that from the cachemgr)? And what about disk load? How
much RAM does the server have, how much of it is used by squid?

--
Kinkie <kinkie-squid@kinkie.it>