[squid-users] iTunes over squid proxy

From: Oscar Villacis <Oscar.Villacis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:27:11 -0500

I really need to help on this issue...Has anyone experience problem?

Hi,

I seem to be having a problem accessing the iTMS through a Corporate squid proxy.
We been using squid for a few years now. I'm using iTunes, Windows version.

Our proxy is running under Debian Sarge, with squid (version 2.5.9-10).
This works just fine for general web and ftp access, when using a
browser. However, when accessing the iTMS, it seems to be suffering
significant delays, and timeouts.

I have also setup couple of test squid proxy servers, one was setup on Sun Solaris 8 platform with Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE9,
another box was configured on Linux debian 2.4.27-2-386 and I get the same results..slow

When configuring settings in Windows machine Not to use proxy, then access to the iTMS is free from problems.

I've been unable to discover any apparent problems when having a look
through the various logs, and running squid in verbose non-daemon mode,
hence my recourse to this list.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of PR Newswire. The contents are intended only for the
addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose
this communication and notify the sender.