Re: [squid-users] Can this be done?

From: Kinkie <kinkie-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:59:21 +0100

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 09:14 -0600, Jim Mainock wrote:
> We are currently running squid 2.5 using ncsa_auth to authenticate users. We
> would like to be able to allow internet access to specific urls by users in
> a department. My thought was to create a file containing userids for each
> department then another file containing urls for each depart they can
> access. How can I create an acl that will test if the user is in a
> particular department. I've seen examples using ident but can this be done
> using ncsa_auth? Any help would be appreciated.

yes

acl dept1_sites dstdomain .foo.com .bar.com
acl dept1_users proxy_auth user1 user2 user3

acl dept2_sites dstdomain .gazonk.com .baz.com
acl dept2_users proxy_auth user4 user5 user6

http_access allow http dept1_sites dept1_users
http_access allow http dept2_sites dept2_users

etc.

Also see http://squidwiki.kinkie.it/SquidFaq/SquidAcl

        Kinkie