Re: [squid-users] FW: Bypassing Squid for HTTP 1.1 chunked response

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:39:57 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Peter Simons wrote:

> I am trying to resolve a problem when going to a Siebel application via
> a Squid Proxy. It seems that the Siebel application (running on IIS
> 5.0) is responding to the HTTP 1.0 message with an HTTP 1.1
> "Transfer-encoding: chunked" response as the Siebel application is
> finding an "accept-encoding" header in the incoming requests.

You can try

header_access deny Accept-Encoding

this solves identical problem with many other web sites..

This is not a Squid bug. HTTP specifications is very very clear on the
point that HTTP/1.1 server MUST NOT respond with chunked encoding in
response to HTTP/1.0 requests.

> Can anyone help with a way of configuring SQUID to be completely
> bypassed for specific transactions i.e. sending the full HTTP 1.1
> request from the client and responding with the full HTTP 1.1 response
> for a specified FQDN?

This has to be done in the client.