[squid-users] pop-up authentication window question

From: Sándor Zsolt <sandor.zsolt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:20:30 +0100

Hello,

I faced a strange problem after upgrading from squid-2.4.STABLE1 ->
2.5.STABLE12.

I have authentication for all users, but there are a few sites which do not
need authentication. For the authentication the conf file contains the
followings:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255
acl authenticate proxy_auth_regex \*
acl PROXY src <the server IP address>/255.255.255.255
acl noauth dstdomain "/usr/local/squid/etc/noauth_web.txt"

http_access allow noauth
http_access allow authenticate !PROXY
http_access allow all

The noauth_web.txt contains the web sites which don't need authentication.

(The authentication goes well, and the sites, which don't need authentication,
could be reached too without authentication through the login window.)

My problem is: when the user logs in and calls for a site which doesn't need
authentication the new squid pops up the login window, to reach the content
of this site the user has to to click on the "cancel" button. In the old
version of squid there was no pop up window if a site, listed in the
noauth_web.txt file, was called. The content of the site was displayed
directly.

I tried to find out what could cause the problem, but can't.

Could someone help me please, how to configure squid to eliminate the pop up
window when it is not needed?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Zsolt Sandor