Re: [squid-users] Question.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:54:15 +0100

tor 2006-02-16 klockan 15:36 -0600 skrev Fernando Rodriguez:
> Lets say you are using squid with a redirector that matches users and ip
> adresses
>
> You have your acl where you match the request of a client based on its ip
> address then squid-cache sends the request to a redirector for authorization
> it will ether return a new webpage or a \n in the case of a succesfull
> authorization. But in the case of returning a webpage it will be good to
> match the result via an acl so it can be requested a login and password.
>
> Is this possible ??

Yes, there is two options

a) Instead of merely rewriting the URL have the redirector returning a
browser redirect. This redirects the browser to the other URL, making it
hit http_access again.

b) The rproxy patch from devel.squid-cache.org adds a http_access2
directive running after redirectors.

I would recommend starting with the first. If browser redirects is not
desireable then perhaps look into the second.