RE: [squid-users] reading logs

From: Tomas Palfi <tpalfi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:24:37 -0000

Hi Christoph,

That's a very good point, some people are faster than the others by
nature, and some use more paper than the others :) But it still leaves
me with the fact of how do I determine from the logs how long per day a
person spent browsing the net?!

I am using external authenticator to pull user names and passwd from AD
which get inevitably logged in access.log. My analyser goes through and
builds a database indexed by user and date, containing what each user
visited during that day. But how much time they spent doing it. Have
they spent 2 or 3 hours browsing some norties or 10 mins something
business related?

If you know how to add up the total browsing time from the access.log
let me know please

Thanks

Tomas

--