Re: [squid-users] squid and swf files

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:39:51 +0100

> I've been getting reports of problems with squid and swf files. After
> doing some testing, I found that a link like
> http://my.squid.cache/directory/something.swf would work fine in Mozilla
> but not in Internet Explorer - IE says something about downloading in
> the status bar and then hangs for a long while. I researched this a
> bit, and found reports that this issue can be fixed on Apache by
> sticking "AddType application/x-shockwave-flash .swf" in the conf file.
>
> I noticed that squid/etc/mime.conf as the following line:
>
> \.swf$ application/x-shockwave-flash anthony-unknown.gif - image
> +download
>
> But then I read somewhere else that mime.conf only appies to ftp/gopher
> and other non-http traffic...so,

               Where is somewhere ?

  Since my name is nobody :

 From squid.conf.default :

# TAG: mime_table
# Pathname to Squid's MIME table. You shouldn't need to change
# this, but the default file contains examples and formatting
# information if you do.
#
#Default:
# mime_table /etc/squid/mime.conf

So it's highly unlikely that SQUID does not use this info
for 'http' operations.
Are you using the default setting for this value , and or
is the specified file readable by squid_effective_user ?

M.