[squid-users] Memory Error when using large acl files

From: Carsten Jensen <cj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:30:35 +0100

Hello.

I have this problem that I have a large file in which I have a lot of
domainnames
for which I want to block all. The file is around 9 megs.
I have other files also that's included, so the sum of the other files are
around
6.5 megs, which I have no problems loading.

the problem is that after taking around 300megs of memory, I get a lot of
error
messages saying :

aclParseRegexList: Invalid regular expression 'domain.tld': out of memory

the only real information I could use (or not) was on this list, problem is
that that information is from 2003, and contains some patches to some files
since there have been many updates from then to now, I really don't feel
like
making changes to things I have no idea about. Besides, I'm not so good at
patching
etc. So you might consider me a newbie.
My system : FreeBSD 5.4-Release-P8, Dual P3-750 with 1 GB of Ram.

I must say that when the error occurs, I have around 400megs of memory free.

I apologize if there are information needed, please let me know if that
happened.

Best Regards
Carsten Jensen