RE: [squid-users] Filtering log data

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:14:14 +0100

fre 2006-02-24 klockan 15:48 +0100 skrev David:
> Hi again,
>
> Henrik, thank you for your swift reply. The customlog patch will certainly
> be useful.
>
> I have one question regarding the "logformat" line. In the examples I've
> seen, some things seem to be quoted, others not. What is the rule for that?

Simply if you want quotes in your access.log or not...

The Apache format has quotes around the request line, so the Apache log
format has quotes..

> Also, is it possible to include a condition so only requests of certain mime
> types are logged?

Yes.

> If so, how is it done? I checked the documentation and
> didn't find anything. Is there a separate setting in the squid.conf maybe?

See the acess_log directive documentation in squid.conf.default after
applying the patch.

Don't trust the web pages too much. Those are just preleminary notes.
The actual documentation is within squid.conf.default after applying the
patch.