Re: [squid-users] FW: WCCP Problem

From: Steve <scoop4@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:15:38 -0700

I've almost given up on this one. I am trying to run Squid 2.0 on a
Linspire 5.0 system.

The basic configuration works when I set up the ACL for my home
network. It works with ACLs modified on my network at the shop, but
when I take it out to the network that needs it...I get the error
immediately,

Squid quits, FATAL: and complains about not being able to find a
"fully qualified" hostname.

It wants me to set "virtual_hostname", but will not recognize the
virtual hostname I give it.
It may be a network configuration related issue. Either that or Squid
just hates me.

One bit of sanity...I've gotten it to run (on my networks) with DHCP
supplying the IP address. However, when I try to configure squid
with a STATIC address, I get the same failure message.

There's something there, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out.
Any thoughts? I was thinking it might be DNS related since it seems
to have difficulty resolving host_names.

Steve