Re: [squid-users] two parent proxy accounts, which one will be used in cache_peer?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:11:47 +0100

mån 2006-03-06 klockan 15:10 +0800 skrev Mars Lenjoy:
> I use squid to make a proxy server, and I have two parent proxy accounts here.
>
> i added them in the squid.conf
> cache_peer 10.10.2.54 parent 6666 6666 login=xxxa:xxxa no-delay no-query
> cache_peer 10.10.2.54 parent 6666 6666 login=xxxb:xxxb no-delay no-query

As you are not using any peering algorithm then Squid will normally use
the first of the two. Only if that fails will it fall back on the
second.

If you use ICP then Squid will automatically select the fastest / least
loaded of the two.

If you add the round-robin option (but keep the no-query option to
disable ICP) then Squid will distribute requests among the two parents
in a round-robin fashion.

With Squid-2.5 you can not define two parents with the same name. But
you can specify to parents with the same IP address by specifying host
different names for them, both resolving into the same IP.

> the squid works well, except we cannot connect to the internet
> sometimes, maybe the parent proxy cuts down when too much workload,
> I'm just guessing.

Anything in cache.log?