[squid-users] ntlm, firefox & IE

From: nairb rotsak <ipguru99@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 05:53:21 -0800 (PST)

Using AD to push a group policy forcing users to use
squid. We had to put *.yahoo.com in the 'don't go to
the proxy' window because of all kinds of issues.
Some other sites, too. This worked for about a week.
Now, IE users are starting to not be able to get to
mail.yahoo.com again??

This might be an IE issue, but I figured this forum
would be a good place to start.

I can be on a client pc and go to mail.yahoo.com, with
IE, nothing shows up in access.log. I wouldn't expect
it to be blank, because we have it as one of the sites
to not use the proxy. It immediately goes to a 'page
cannot be found'. I can open up firefox on same pc,
and it works just fine (with squid setup as proxy)???

IE works just fine when I don't have the pc pointing
at squid

I don't have any access.log to send, because it
doesn't hit the log... which to me means it isn't
squid... but the minute I take IE and don't point it
at squid, it works just fine?

I finally got ntlm working and these guys love this,
but it is stuff like this (that I can't explain), that
wears on the IT mgr.

Any help or suggestions appreciated. We don't have to
log thses sites, cache it... anything.. we just want
them to pass right through...

Thanks!