[squid-users] disabling use of If-Modified-Since

From: Stefan Palme <kleiner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:41:32 +0100

Hello,

I am running squid-2.5 as a HTTP accelerator. There are two cache_peers
defined. The squid is configured to never make direct requests to origin
servers, but to ask one of the cache_peers (the cache_peers are in fact
two zope-servers using the same ZODB).

I want to completely ignore the "If-Modified-Since" header sent by
clients. I've already tried to add the directive

  header_access If-Modified-Since deny all

, but this seems to have no effect. A client sending the
"If-Modified-Since" header received a 304 (not modified) in some cases,
so I guess the If-Modified-Since header has not been removed from the
request.

Does the header_access directive also affect requests being rewritten
by a redirector process and sent to a cache_peer? I have a configuration
which uses both features...

Best regards
-stefan-