[squid-users] HTTPS & transparent proxy

From: LinuXKiD <gregoriandres@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:22 -0300

There is a way to process HTTPS request
with IPTABLES as transparent proxy ?

I want to process all Firefox traffic trought
squid, because I found that if I put squid URL
(address and port ) on web browser, allthings works
better.

Also, Some https URLs does't work with transparent
(iptables), but work OK if I put squid url and port
on web browser.

I don't know why this happen, but if I put a real
Public IP (not NATted) on my web browser's hosts,
then https urls works OK.

But, all most hosts are NATted, inside my LAN. (192.168.1.0/24)
under LINUX:

- kernel 2.4.28
- iptables 1.3.4
- squid 2.5.STABLE10
  (i use this version because I need ZPH patch
   www.it-academy.bg/zph/ )
- PPPoE

Maybe another (transparent) proxy that redirect requests
to squid ?

thank you.

best regards,
andres