RE: [squid-users] Transparent caching problem

From: Shoebottom, Bryan <BShoebottom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:16:07 -0500

Henrik,

This would work, but will give you some errors on boot as the gre module
won't be loaded before you start the network. What worked for me is to
add this line to /etc/modprobe.conf:
alias gre0 ip_gre

This is assuming that you use Daniel's interface config below. Another
note, contrary to the FAQ, I could not use an address in the 127.0.0.0/8
range, squid never saw any packets. I had to use an address on a
network that no other interfaces were configured for.

Thanks,
 Bryan