Re: [squid-users] Can cache_peer_access do what I want?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:36:47 +0100

tor 2006-03-16 klockan 13:00 +0000 skrev CCSTPaxton@rgfl.org:

> I'd basically like to evaluate if a user is in the "Staff" NT group and
> if so use a different username to the same upstream proxy. Is this
> possible? Reading the web, cache_peer_access may help, but I'm not sure
> if that would function for the same proxy address.

You will need two cache_peer lines using different names for the same
proxy. For example one using the IP and the other using the DNS name.

Additionally please note that external ACLs can not be reliably
evaluated in cache_peer_access so you need to have the staff group
defined by a proxy_auth ACL, or accept that it will occasionally send a
request on the wrong account..