[squid-users] Can cache_peer_access do what I want?

From: <CCSTPaxton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:00:44 -0000

Hi Squid Users.

I've got a successful squid cache using 2.5-STABLE9 with NTLM auth and
wbinfo_group.pl for NT group enumeration. The squid is connected to an
upstream ISA cluster hosted by my district authority, with a username
and password to access.

I am currently filtering with ACLs to give varied levels of access for
Students (trusted and un-trusted) and Staff, based on NT group
membership.

I now have an option to use a different user account for Staff on the
upstream so they have less filtering on the ISA cluster (over and above
local squid filtering).

I'd basically like to evaluate if a user is in the "Staff" NT group and
if so use a different username to the same upstream proxy. Is this
possible? Reading the web, cache_peer_access may help, but I'm not sure
if that would function for the same proxy address.

Thanks for your time

Regards,

Tim Paxton
ICT Network Manager
Clifton - A Community Arts School

The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual to whom it was addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by using the reply
facility in your e-mail software, and then delete it from your system.