Re: [squid-users] Squid Ftp Proxy with IE 6 ?

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:59:53 +0100

On Friday 17 March 2006 10:54, Noc Phibee wrote:
> 1- If i don't delete the file browser option into the IE
> configuration, my user can see
> the ftp server with Squid
> 2- If i delete the file browser optiuon, my user can Upload on the
> ftp server ..

If you "use the folder view for FTP connections" then IE won't send the
query through the proxy but rather directly. That's a known bug in the IE.
So if your users can upload it's just because they don't use the proxy.

How come your users can simply bypass your proxy and get an internet
connection? Sounds like a firewall misconfiguration.

> Anyone know why IE don't use really the FTP Proxy configuration for a
> good work with Squid ?

Because it's serious crap. This is my favorite bogus option there.

Kindly
 Christoph

--
~