Re: [squid-users] OS upgrade

From: Magali Bernard <Magali.Bernard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:07:14 +0100

Le 17/03/2006, Christoph Haas <email@christoph-haas.de> a dit:

> On Friday 17 March 2006 09:19, Magali Bernard wrote:
> > I'm up to upgrade my squid box from Debian Woody to Sarge.
> >
> > squid was built from sources (not Debian package)
>
> Then it's irrelevant whether you use Debian, RedHat or Solaris.
> Is there a reason you didn't use the default binary package?

Sure there is: version and config
squid package of Sarge distribution is 2.5.9
I saw many times that support on this list is first for the last
stable version.
And I like to choose my personal configure options, and only those which
are useful for me.

> > Do you think that squid should restart and run without any problem ?
>
> You didn't change Squid, did you? But still system libraries may have
> changed. You better test that on a non-production server.

I was aware of this sort of problem. Unfortunately I do *not* have a
test machine. I wanted to know: will squid for sure stop running ?

Thanks,

Magali BERNARD - Centre de Ressources Informatiques Télécom et Réseaux
Université Jean Monnet de Saint-Étienne - FRANCE