[squid-users] Setting up system for use of multiple access paths

From: Michael D. Setzer II <mikes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:32:07 +1000

My College has a T-1 connection that has been having some major
problems, being down for 7 hours and 20 minutes the other day. I have
had a bridge to a DSL line that provided a backup for Internet access
thru a Fedora machine with a squid server. Just got a Cable line with a
4.2Mb connection that is now also connected to this machine, but now
it uses the Cable as the default path. Ideally, I would like to setup a
system in what all the various internet bandwidth could be used.

The best option that I can currently think of is setting up a squid server
with each of the access points (T-1, DSL, and Cable) and have them in
a round robin configuration, but that requires 3 machines. The one
system does have access to all the networks, but currently only the
default route is used by a machine. Perhaps there are others that might
have a similar situation with two of more access routes.

Thanks.

  Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor
  Guam Community College Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned: 19,471
Processing time: 32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC Seti@Home Total Credits 552135.158300