Re: [squid-users] purging variants

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 10:48:08 +0100

fre 2006-03-17 klockan 17:11 -0500 skrev lawrence wang:
> I was wondering,
> since this is a significant hassle, if anyone's written a patch that
> makes Squid purge all variants under a given URL,

Problem is that Squid-2.5 does not know the URLs of objects. If it knew
it would do it.

The PURGE tool could be modified to do this I suppose. Only needs to be
taught the vary algorithm used by 2.5 and decode this into suitable
request headers as part of the purge. The required information is found
in a meta TLV header of the object.