[squid-users] Use of the Microsoft Corp. product BITS .

From: B <$B?9!!9@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:22:03 +0900

Hello.
The nontransparentized type proxy server is built and used with two-step
composition in Squid (squid 2.5-stable) now.
Although I wants to use service called BITS of Microsoft Corp., it is in
the situation which can perform only a part of file downloads.
The following information was acquired when investigated at the
Microsoft Corp. site.
Although I wants to solve a problem by change of a setup, is it possible
sure enough?

====================================

Server supports the HTTP/1.1 protocol.
For downloads, the HTTP server's Head method must return the file size
and its Get method must support the Content-Range and Content-Length
headers.
As a result, BITS only transfers static file content and generates an
error if you try to transfer dynamic content, unless the ASP, ISAPI, or
CGI script supports the Content-Range and Content-Length headers.
BITS can use an HTTP/1.0 server as long as it meets the Head and Get
method requirements.
To support downloading ranges of a file, the server must support the
following requirements:

Allow MIME headers to include the standard Content-Range and
Content-Type headers, plus a maximum of 180 bytes of other headers.
Allow a maximum of two CR/LFs between the HTTP headers and the first
boundary string.

Hiroaki Mori
hiro@dats.co.jp