[squid-users] ntlm based authentication - squid and samba (PDC) resides on same host

From: j v <jkvbe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 00:03:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have a configuration running squid
(squid-2.5.STABLE1-2) on the same server as the samba
server (3.0.7-1) that also is the PDC.
I'd like to have my browser authenticate via NTLM.

It's not clear to me from the documentation how to
configure ntlm authentication if the local samba
server is also the PDC. The users that need to
authenticate to the proxy server are the same users
that are known to samba. Do I also need to use
winbind? If yes, how does it need to be configured?

Thanks,

Jan