Re: [squid-users] squid-2.5.STABLE13 install problem

From: Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck-lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:51:32 +0100

* Odhiambo WASHINGTON (odhiambo.raburu@wananchi.com):

> * On 21/03/06 20:52 +0530, Dharampaul Balley wrote:
> | While Installing 'squid-2.5.13STABLE' on Free BSD 5.4, in the process
> | of install, I got this error :
> | /bin/sh ../cfgaux/makeinstalldirs /usr/local/sbin
> | install -o root -g wheel -m 555 RunCache /usr/local/sbin/RunCache
> | intall not found
    ^^^^^^
This looks indeed bogus. Is this transcribed by hand?

> | # error code 127
> | Stop in /usr/ports/www/squid/work/squid-2.5.STABLE13/scripts.
> | *** Error Code 1
> | Stop in /usr/ports/www/squid/work/squid-2.5.STABLE13/scripts.
> | *** Error Code 1
> | Stop in /usr/ports/www/squid/work/squid-2.5.STABLE13/scripts.
> | *** Error Code 1
> | Stop in /usr/ports/www/squid.
> |
> | The command which I had issued is as under:
> | make SQUID_CONFIGURE_ARGS="--enable-delay-pools --enable-snmp
> | --enable-storeio=diskd,ufs --enable-storeio=diskd,ufs
> | --disable-ident-lookups --enable-removal-policies" install

You should not need to specify these options via SQUID_CONFIGURE_ARGS.

Just use "make config" to specify the features you need via the gui.
The port then assembles the configure arguments correctly as needed
and you do not need to learn squid configure speak.

SQUID_CONFIGURE_ARGS is there for more obscure options that do not
warrant a separate configuration option because they are rarely used.
Another use for this variable is if one wants to supply additional
configuration parameters, e.g. for aufs. As a rule of thumb, you should
not normally need to define SQUID_CONFIGURE_ARGS in your make
environment unless you really know what you are doing.
See the preamble of www/squid/Makefile for a list of the possible values
you can pass via this variable if you are curious.

> See if you succeed. I have just succeeded installing on FreeBSD 5.5-PRE.
> The only thing that failed is when I enabled custom-log-format
> (SQUID_CUSTOM_LOG) - the patch did not apply cleanly!

Should be fixed now, please update your ports tree.

Due to lack of proper testing on my part there was an eight hour window
where the port was broken with CustomLog enabled. I hope I corrected the
patch so that it does the right thing besides passing the "applies and
compiles" test.

I'll check with devel.squid-cache.org once the squid-2.5 sources are
merged in and update the patches if needed.