Re: [squid-users] squid-2.5.STABLE13 install problem

From: Odhiambo WASHINGTON <odhiambo.raburu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:18:25 +0300

* On 21/03/06 20:51 +0100, Thomas-Martin Seck wrote:
[snip]

| You should not need to specify these options via SQUID_CONFIGURE_ARGS.
|
| Just use "make config" to specify the features you need via the gui.
| The port then assembles the configure arguments correctly as needed
| and you do not need to learn squid configure speak.
|
| SQUID_CONFIGURE_ARGS is there for more obscure options that do not
| warrant a separate configuration option because they are rarely used.
| Another use for this variable is if one wants to supply additional
| configuration parameters, e.g. for aufs. As a rule of thumb, you should
| not normally need to define SQUID_CONFIGURE_ARGS in your make
| environment unless you really know what you are doing.
| See the preamble of www/squid/Makefile for a list of the possible values
| you can pass via this variable if you are curious.

Excellent lecture there!

| > See if you succeed. I have just succeeded installing on FreeBSD 5.5-PRE.
| > The only thing that failed is when I enabled custom-log-format
| > (SQUID_CUSTOM_LOG) - the patch did not apply cleanly!
|
| Should be fixed now, please update your ports tree.

Confirmed fixed! Thank you for the prompt action.

| Due to lack of proper testing on my part there was an eight hour window
| where the port was broken with CustomLog enabled. I hope I corrected the
| patch so that it does the right thing besides passing the "applies and
| compiles" test.
|
| I'll check with devel.squid-cache.org once the squid-2.5 sources are
| merged in and update the patches if needed.

Thanks for the maintenance work!

-Wash

DISCLAIMER: See http://www.wananchi.com/bms/terms.php

--
    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wash@wananchi.com>
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121
"Text processing has made it possible to right-justify any idea, even
one which cannot be justified on any other grounds."
		-- J. Finnegan, USC.