Re: [squid-users] how to take advantage of multiple CPU's?

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:02:38 -0500

I don't recall you saying which OS you're running, but if it is Linux I
suggest building Squid with the Intel compiler rather with GCC.

Intel's ICC compiler (Linux version is free for non-commercial use)
typically generates much better code for Intel CPUs than GCC does. I've
been building Squid with it for years and haven't seen any problems
introduced by the use of Intel's compiler.

If you're I/O-bound there's not much benefit to be gained from tweaking
the program build. If you're really CPU-limited, though, building with
ICC might help.

FYI.