[squid-users] Squid and ESI

From: Balu <thambi_thekku@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:55:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am reading the message that says squid3 supports
ESI(EDGE SIDE INCLUDES). Can you any one explain me
the functionality of ESI..? Can we use this as
alternate to ICAP. Here is my few requirements

1) I like to display a banner appear on client brwoser
for each request.

2) When some body clicks on that banner. The IP
address of the server it takes to has to be logged.

Can any one suggest an idea on how we can do this.

Regards,
-Balu.