RE: [squid-users] rotate bug?

From: Gregori Parker <gregori@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:10:05 -0800

I just use a shell script to rotate logs:

#!/bin/bash
# Shell script for rotating squid logfiles
timestamp=$(date +%y%m%d%H)
filename="ex$timestamp.log"
mv /usr/local/squid/var/logs/access.log /var/squidlogs/$filename
/usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -k rotate

...and then run it regularly by putting something in crontab:

# rotate logs once an hour
0 * * * * /usr/sbin/log_rotate.sh