Re: [squid-users] Squid crash root cause

From: Mitesh P Choksi <mitesh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 23:34:36 +0300

Dear Chris,

This sounds like a good one.

As part of the logging, I need to log the current number of file
descriptors in use and if after a crash I notice the last values hitting
the peaks, I can almost accurately say that REDIRECT of iptables is the
cause. Any pointers to monitor the file descriptors?

 From what your last sentence says, you are not using redirect but ask
customers to setup the proxy settings, probably using .pac files.

Thanks,

Mitesh