Re: [squid-users] Squid is responsing very slowly, when opening page for first time.

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:43:23 +0200

> Hello,
> I have little "slow response" issue. Squid 2.5.STABLE9, Debian Sarge.
> When I open web page for the first time, the response from squid is very
> slow.

Is it only for the first page ?

> It lasts up tu 8 seconds to open desired web page (10 Mbit line, average
> latency 30-40ms).
> When I turn cache off, the opening of the same web page lasts less then
> 1 second.
> Can someone give advise what to do to speed my squid up.

 - Check access.log for this URL, the response time, is one
of the fields in the access log entry (see FAQ on access log format).
What is the response time reported in access.log ?

- Is DNS working dequately ? Resolving problems ?
  Check cachemgr -> DNS stats.

- Any futher messages in cache.log ?

 M.