[squid-users] Squid is responsing very slowly, when opening page for first time.

From: Jiøí Èervenka <cervenka@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 08:46:22 +0200

Hello,
I have little "slow response" issue. Squid 2.5.STABLE9, Debian Sarge.
When I open web page for the first time, the response from squid is very
slow.
It lasts up tu 8 seconds to open desired web page (10 Mbit line, average
latency 30-40ms).
When I turn cache off, the opening of the same web page lasts less then
1 second.
Can someone give advise what to do to speed my squid up.
Thanks for help.

Jiri