Re: [squid-users] cache hierarchy and reverse proxy

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 13:15:48 -0800

Sketch wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I currently have squid pathed with rproxy and passing traffic to
> origin servers, however I am unable to figure out how to now set up a
> hierarchy. Basically I want a sibling relationship, I've defined the
> cache_peers, I've set cache_peer_access based of dst eqauling the
> interface that the icp_port is on, however as you can probably guess,
> no traffic hits that peer. It all goes to the origin server which
> uses a myip acl (different ip then the icp_port).
>
> Any helpful clues?

First a disclaimer: I don't run any proxies in accelerator mode. Take
my advice with the requisite skepticism.

It sounds like none of the requests are destined for the icp port
interface (after all, that's not where the web page is located at),
therefore none of the requests will be passed to the sibling. I would
think that as long as you have defined the other caches as siblings and
the origin servers as parents, then allowing all access to be passed to
the siblings (cache_peer_access sibling.proxy.net allow all), should
allow cached requests to be served by the siblings and should send
requests for non-cached content to the origin servers.

Chris