Re: [squid-users] Squid Proxy and IIS

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <m.c.crockett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 06:33:42 -0700

On 11 May 2006, at 03:48 , Mark Elsen wrote:

>> We are running Squid proxy and everybody can connect to the
>> internet without
>> problems. Recently we connect a site with intranet running IIS to our
>> network, using our Squid Proxy we cannot connect to the said
>> intranet, even
>> the login prompt is not appearing, you can only see an error:
>>

> If the IIS uses NTLM , then your out of luck, ntlm can't be proxied
> over http.

Given the error message reported in the original message the IIS
server is not configured to support Basic Authentication. You have
two options: (1) Have the server admin configure IIS to use Basic
Authentication. (2) Change your proxy.pac or wpad.dat file to force
the browser to bypass Squid and access the server directly.

Merton Campbell Crockett
m.c.crockett@adelphia.net